We are currently looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our Payroll department based in our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey. In this position you will be involved in all aspects of processing a timely and accurate payroll. You will be fully trained to ensure compliance with HMRC regulations and to resolve payroll or tax queries from employees. You will effectively run and support your own payroll with the support of the Payroll Supervisor.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication skills as you will be liaising with all levels of management within the company. You will also enjoy working with numbers and have a high level of attention to detail as the Payroll team is a fast paced environment.
In return Enterprise Rent-A-Car, along with a great working environment, offers you an excellent range of training and development as you embark on a career within the family business. And while the challenges can be tough, you’ll find we believe in having fun too because when you feel good, we know that you learn more progress faster and enjoy what you do!
If you think this role sounds the perfect job for you, please apply directly at the apply button!
In this role you will be processing the payroll accounting entries to record the payroll expense in the nominal ledger, analysing variances to ensure accurate financials and producing accounting working papers to support the balance sheet, all the while developing your numerical and accounting skills.
The areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Entering payroll from start to finish
- Reconciling payroll accounting ledgers
- Dealing with ad-hoc payroll queries from employees and HMRC
- Performing payroll and accounting related administrative tasks
- Preparing payroll entries for posting to the general ledger
- Analysis of monthly payroll information
- Preparation of monthly payroll accounting schedules and reconciliations
- Filing Tax Year End Reporting
- Ad-hoc projects
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Great communication skills
- Strong computer skills, namely MS Excel
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills and working to deadlines
- Payroll and/or accounting experience
Location: Egham, Surrey / hybrid working (office prescence required 2/3 times a week)
Hours: 40 per week, Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Salary: Dependent on experience, up to £27,000 per annum